Store Manager for Surbiton Homewares Ltd
Surbiton Homewares Ltd - The Organisation
- Independent, high-street store with a long standing established presence, selling a wide range of homeware goods. Situated in the heart of a small friendly town; 5mins walk from a mainline station offering direct access to London Waterloo in 25mins; and staffed by a small, friendly team [n=3] operating the business, 7-days a week.
- Complementing the high street store, is a newly established online presence with exciting growth opportunities through the Amazon business platform providing access to the Big 5 markets in Europe [UK, Spain, France, Germany, Italy].
- In parallel, a social media presence and infrastructure is in place through Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and an independent website [www.surbitonhomewares.co.uk].
Store Manager Position [x1]
- A vacancy has arisen for a full time, Store Manager position
- General duties: 1. Overall oversight and smooth running of the retail business. 2. Ensuring a fun, friendly atmosphere is maintained. 3. Coordinating staffing considerations & stock discussions. 4. Acting as the lead for wholesaler ordering dynamics. 5. Leveraging the extensive experience of the existing staff whilst still undertaking all core activities [Till management; customer service; stocking of shelves], when at the store.
- Online / E-Commerce Development: a key focus for the Store Manager role is expansion of the on-line business offerings. Between 60-70% of this position's time is expected to be focussed in this area. Direct offsite, wholesaler engagement 3-4 morning's a week is anticipated, to collect &/or order stock, to meet 'real time' online orders. Daily online price tracking and manipulation is key.
- For the right person, this is a tremendously exciting opportunity to really impact and influence the business; drive strong growth; support ongoing investment in the people and the business; and secure a healthy, stable and long term future for all involved. Its also a chance to work in a relaxed, friendly environment, where everyone's ideas are listened to and respected.
Key Requiements for the Role
- Strong commercial/financial acumen - essential.
- Good people/interpersonal skills - highly valued given the nature of the business.
- Previous retail commercial experience [+/- within the homewares sector ] - significant advantage. This position would suit either an individual ready to take the next step up in their carear or a more experienced person having previously worked in larger organisations, now wanting to leverage their expertise in a smaller, more boutique environment.
- E-commerce / online experience - highly desired given the focus for the position. Experience of this within the retail sector - significant advantage.
- Strong listening and communication skills - desired
- Excellent English speaking skills - essential
- Ability to operate under pressure and with uncertainty - highly valued.
- Honesty and integrity - highly valued.
Working Hours / Benefits
- Shop opening times: 9am - 6pm [Mon - Saturday]; 10am - 4pm [Sunday]
- Shop Manager position: Full time; exact working hours to be negotiated given need for flexibility to cover at least one-day of the weekend - typically Sunday. This would allow two weekday mornings to be taken in lieu. Specific options to be discussed on an individual basis.
- Benefits: Auto-enrolment into Government NEST pension scheme; coverage of weekly Oyster card charges given nature of role and offsite engagement with wholesalers within central London. If successful candidate has a car or scooter, part-petrol/diesel costs to be covered.