Graduate Structural Engineer - Liverpool
Role: Graduate Structural Engineer
Salary: Up to £30,000
Penguin Recruitment are currently looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join an established multi-disciplinary consultancy, who are based in Liverpool.
The consultancy have experience in all the normal structural forms, and pride themselves on producing economical design solutions. Their expertise encompasses all types of structural materials and the design of both new build and refurbished structures.
They cover a number of sectors, which range from Affordable Housing, Educational, Health, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Private Housing and Student Accommodation, which will give the Graduate Structural Engineer the opportunity to work on a number of different approaches to the consultancy's diverse project range.
The typical work on projects that the Graduate Structural Engineer will be working on will include:
- Conceptual design and feasibility studies of new and existing developments;
- Structural analysis and design using the latest computer software;
- Design of steel structures including large portal frames and high rise buildings;
- Design of concrete structures of all styles and complexities;
- Appraisal and design of masonry structures including new-build medium rise construction and historical buildings;
- Innovative foundation engineering solutions;
- Structural inspection and surveys for both commercial and residential projects;
- Design of repair and strengthening works for structures.
The successful Graduate Structural Engineer will also be required to have the following qualifications & experience:
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant post-graduate experience;
- An accredited MEng degree (or equivalent) recognized by the IStructE;
- Design experience in all common building materials;
- BIM experience would be an advantage.
In order to discuss this role, please contact Tom on 01792 365108, or alternatively send an email expressing your interest with a CV attached to