Senior Site Engineer - Rail
- Implementation of surveys and analysing survey data
- Analysing designs and provide construction input and attending design reviews
- Creating short term construction programmes.
- Preparation and follow up work planning.
- Producing Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Working closely with the client and stakeholders
- Working closely with the site team, controlling all on-site technical activities / quality in accordance with the design and work plan.
- Follow up works and quality assurance documentation to complete works
- Production of ITPs.
- Setting out of the works and ensuring works meet specification.
- Materials testing, checks and quality control.
Experience and Qualifications
- Engineering Degree, HND or equivalent experience.
- Ambition to gain experience in design process and design management
- Proven post graduate experience.
- Rail experience
- IT literate to intermediate level
- Understanding of programmes and IT packages
- Ability to work to tight timescales, with good organisation skills and time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a team
- Flexible on working times
- Full driving licence
- Experience managing sections of work supervising numerous site engineers
- Experience in Civil Engineering
- Understanding NR process and procedures
- Experience in using document management systems (Projectwise, Viewpoint)
- Understanding of possession planning
- Understanding of CDM and H&S legislation