Technical Projects Manager
This role requires an experienced Project Manager with previous technical hands on experience. You will be adept at delivering complex IT projects for our clients, planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen. You will be working with a variety of technologies and will be required to bring out the best in the engineers in the team whilst actively rolling your sleeves up and helping with technology as and when required. You will be expected to liaise with both our clients and management to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to an exceptionally high standard. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects at any one time, and providing regular updates to the Technical Projects Director.
The role requires a highly motivated, focused and ambitious individual in this fast paced environment to ensure our clients receive exemplary service at all times. The role is based at our head office in Loudwater but there will be occasions where you will be expected to travel to client sites.Duties & Accountabilities:
- Managing multiple projects ensuring all are delivered within agreed timescales and budgets
- Creating, updating and maintaining project plans identifying clear milestones
- Monitoring and managing project risks and issues providing regular updates to the Technical Projects Director
- Communicating regular updates on the progress of the project(s) to all stakeholders
- Attending client meetings or conference calls
- Creation of project documents and templates, such as Risk Assessment, Project Closure and Change requests etc
- Creating and reviewing / updating client documentation
- Creating and managing change control process in line with best practise
- Working with the Management team for Overtime and Expense claims ensuring these are accounted for within the project plan where required.
- Respond to client queries ensuring that these are dealt with in a professional and timely manner
- Attending weekly internal project meetings providing clear and concise updates on all projects status’
- Do you have a strong understanding of corporate LAN and WAN data networks as well as knowledge of VPN technologies?
- Do you have working knowledge of WAN/LAN environments?
- Do you have experience in Windows server (2008 & 2012) and Windows server infrastructure including Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP. RADIUS and LDAP and Certificate services?
- Do you have a good understanding of corporate environments?
- Do you have experience using automated monitoring and log tools, analysing trends and root cause issues?
- Do you have 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role?
- Do you have a valid or are you working towards a Prince2 Qualification
- Can you demonstrate examples where you have lead and managed delivering on multi projects?
- Do you have an understanding of how things work, and have the ability to communicate this to the client in a clear and concise manner?
- Do you have the ability to work in a team environment and be client focused?
- Do you have good communications skills and experience dealing with external suppliers?
- Do you have good attention to detail, testing and documentation?
- Do you have a good understanding of ITIL and industry best practice?
- Do you have a clean and valid driving licence?
- Flexibility as some work will need to be carried out during evenings or weekend
Please note that any offers of employment with Atech Support are subject to a robust recruitment procedure, which may consist of one of more of the following; DBS, reference checks including advanced police vetting for specific clients. This procedure will commence once the offer of employment has been accepted.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES