Legal & Policy Executive
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to move into a Legal & Policy Executive level position within a highly regarded membership body. From day one you will be working alongside the wider policy team, to support the organisations development on a range of topics, maintain relationships with government officials and politicians in Westminster, and communicate with the organisations membership base and key stakeholders.
This role would suit a junior professional with an interest in the transport sector, ideally with a background in legal services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Research and analysis of public policy
- Drafting of papers, policy briefs and responses
- Supporting the policy team and Director where required
- Representing the organisation at conferences, external meetings and possibly through the media
- Discussion with members individually and at committee meetings
- Responding to members queries
- Writing articles for membership updates
- Offering support on project work within the department and broader organisation
- Diarise, schedule and attend committee meetings
- Co-ordinate and facilitate meetings where necessary
A successful applicant for this role will have:
- Past experience of policy issues, either from working for an MP or MEP or from working within another membership organisation, policy institute, or Think Tank etc.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to build relationships and present clearly to a range of audiences
- Previous experience of having worked within a similar field is desirable
- Educated to degree level within Legal or Professional related field
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82135403