Business Development Manager Education
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Education
Job Sector: Education
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £46,500 p.a + bonus
Job Reference: SS/18536
Due to continued success, this is an extremely exciting time to be part of this leading independent advisory body within the higher education sector.
About the Role:
Working as a Business Development Manager, you will be required to oversee the identification and development of both UK and international business opportunities. Your aim will be to increase the company’s presence in the Higher Education market whist engaging customers and meeting revenue targets.
You will be expected to create and articulate compelling value propositions, facilitate customer adoption and maintain a robust pipeline.
Building effective working relationships with partners, customers and colleagues across the company will be key in order to facilitate the identification of target markets and extend the reach and adoption of products and services.
You will identify, lead and manage new business approaches working with staff across the organisation to successfully deliver customer-centric products and services.
You will be dealing with clients at government level right through to independent organisations, building long and successful relationships with your consultative sales approach. Specific duties will include;
- Work with senior management to refine and implement the Business Development Strategy
- Establish a company – wide business development network to identify new business opportunities
- Work with the PEG (Public Engagement Group) and the Business Team to identify appropriate client groups to target and the most suitable way of positioning the company’s expertise and services
- Proactively find sales opportunities for both new and existing products and services
- Assist with the development of effective sales and marketing campaigns using new and existing customer information
- Find opportunities to raise the company profile, search for potential new clients and turn this into increased business through both conversion and retention
- Assist with the planning of approaches, pitches and proposals that will meet customers’ needs, concerns and objectives
- Using a consultative selling approach, lead the organisation into the commercial marketplace utilising current products and services as well as identifying opportunities for new ones
- Lead, manage and motivate the Business Development Team and the development, delivery, quality and management of the function
- Develop and implement appropriate pricing strategies for products and services
- Lead and manage contract negotiations
- Oversee the recruitment, development, maintenance and standards of a network of Associates and Developers who will undertake research and product development and delivery on behalf of the organisation
- Manage budget and resources allocated to Business Development
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Business Development Manager, you must possess the following;
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.