Teacher of Primary
Department: Community Services
Closing Date: Friday 28th April 2017
Argyll and Bute Council are looking to recruit a full-time permanent Teacher of Primary for Drumlemble Primary School, Campbeltown from August 2017.
We are looking for someone to teach a class of P4-7 children. Drumlemble is located 3 miles from Campbeltown.
Campbeltown is located on Kintyre, there are daily buses and flights to Glasgow.
We are looking for a Teacher who:
- is passionate about working with children, as well as part of a team
- is an inspirational practitioner with high expectations
- plans fun and engaging lessons for the children
We can offer you:
- enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- an open and supportive team with a focus on improving practise and raising standards
- opportunities for staff to grow and develop
- a well resourced environment
- a supportive parent body and local community
We would welcome applications from teachers completing their probationary year in June 2017.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority, the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct, having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the main job activities.
Any applicant, who is not currently registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS), should include evidence of a pending application with this regulatory body with their application.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is suitable for job share.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Membership in relation to working with children.
How to Apply:-
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Laurene McIntosh, Head Teacher on 01586 810240.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB01883/CME08040.
See also: CME08040 - Teacher of Primary.doc
CME08040 - Teacher Report.docx
PVG Information Sheet - Children.docx
Information For Applicants - Teachers.docx