Residential Support Worker - Children - Widnes
Support Worker - Widnes - Children / Young People £22,490
The Major Healthcare is looking to recruit experienced support workers for a company who looks to provide excellent support for Young people in Leaving Care.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop their career within the support of young people in a leaving care setting.
To apply or to discuss in more detail please apply or call Martin from Major Healthcare on 0 - 151 - 252 - 0010 Please see more job details below.
- Experience working with children with Challenging Behaviour, EBD, Learning Disabilities or Mental Health conditions.
- Minimum 1 years or more of experience working as a children's residential support worker
- Ability to interact with a range of people/young people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- To be able to provide consistency of care and support to the young people
- You are to work Full - Time and carryout sleeps
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the children's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Supporting young people to do their favourite things and try new activities at home and also outdoor activities.
- To aspire at all times to a standard of excellence in all areas of working practice.
- To act with integrity, honesty and child centred practice at all times.
- To act as a member of the staff team and wider organisation, supporting colleagues and being prepared to receive support as necessary.
- Shift Patterns: Working 1 day 10:00am-12:00pm, Sleep then working 8:00am-10:00am during the handover then 2 days off and repeat over a 7 day period. (Average 40 hrs per week + sleeps)
What you will receive:
- Highly competitive pay-rate £8.50 per hour plus of £37.00 per sleep-in (this will add approximately £4800 to the basic annual). Total Pay based on the standard rota = £22,490
In addition, you need to be committed to providing an excellent level of care for the young people, enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges, assertive in difficult situations and have great interpersonal skills.