A North West based developer is looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to assist with their continued growth and support their experienced team.
Based near Manchester, they undertake partial or turnkey projects including ground/civil engineering works, steel frames and access metalwork, cladding, masonry, joinery, full fit out and finishing trades both on new build and refurbishment projects. They regularly undertake structural and architectural design as part of their service. They pride themselves on repeat business from many longstanding clients and continued close working relationships with their supply chain.
The role will focus on the management and control of financial matters for live site projects and from time to time tendering for new projects. Including the procurement and management of materials and plant suppliers along with subcontractors and labour only operatives. Full cost control of projects, management of contracts including project variations, production of applications for payment / invoicing and final account resolutions.
Other duties will include:
- Control of subcontract and materials ordering/procurement
- Responsible for estimating services and providing detailed measures, including Bill of Quantities production
- Management of sub-contract packages on projects in a timely manner protecting the company's contractual position
- Measurements, valuations, and agreement of work sections
- Submission of accurate and timely payment applications, and chasing payment certificates and outstanding payments
- Ability to identify areas of overspend, waste and commercial risk, and be able to produce feasibility studies and cost plans
- Production of accurate internal cost reporting, in addition to producing final accounts, and extension of time claims
- Working closely with the production department, able to advise on commercial risks and opportunities within projects
- Price tender submissions
- Meet clients and attend site meetings to review and discuss work carried out
To be considered for the role of Quantity Surveyor, you will need previous experience in projects from the pre-construction and bid stage, and have been responsible for all commercial activity through to project completion. Ideally, you will have 2-4 years post-graduation experience, be able to take commercial lead on a variety of projects and have a proven track record on profitable projects.
You will need strong communication skills and be able to form good working relationships with all parties. You will be able to work in an assertive manner, have good negotiation skills and have a logical approach to prioritising the tasks in hand.
On offer is a salary in the region of £35,000, along with additional benefits.
If you are interested in the role of Quantity Surveyor and would like to apply, please contact Rob Boardman at Bromak for a confidential chat or click 'Apply Now'.