How would you like to work for one of the largest main contractors in the UK? We are currently working with a leading Construction group. This company has years of experience and revenue of over half a billion is looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their growing team.
The ideal candidate should meet the following standards:
- Managing all costs relating to the civil engineering or construction project.
- Preparation of monthly cost reports
- Providing specific bills of quantities to assist with procurement of sub contractors.
- Attend pre appointment meetings to ensure prospective sub contractors are fully compliant with project requirements.
- Prepare sub contract documentation to allow the appointment of sub contractors.
- Manage sub contractors once appointed
- Measurement of sub contract works
- Interim valuations and payment procedures in line with current construction industry scheme regulations and specific contract conditions, including payment notifications.
- Regular meetings with sub contractors to review and agree progress and or change to the sub contract.
- Assist with management of sub contract site administration.
- Preparation of monthly valuations, including all supporting information for materials on site, variations and measurement.
- Attendance at monthly progress meetings.
- Attendance at project procurement meetings.
- Periodical updates of project budget projections.
- Management of project cost ledgers.
- Support to project and site management with cost advice on staff and plant projections and costs to complete.
- The ideal candidate will have strong core ability with measurement and site administration procedures together with a firm understanding of contracts and contractual relationships, appreciating the goals of our clients and our organisation
If you would like to apply for the role, or know anybody who could be looking feel free to give
Darryl Sherriff a call on 0191 221 1567.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.