Accountant £24,000 - £30,000 per annum Stoke on Trent
Your new company
We are recruiting for a large client based in Stoke-on-Trent, close to the A500, A50 and M6 providing easy access to Staffordshire and South Cheshire.
Our client has an impressive structure, and is going from strength to strength. Working within the construction industry, this client is a major player within their division of this industry.
Your new role
You will be working within the fast paced and dynamic finance department and will be responsible for all aspects of accounting .Main duties include;
- Preparation of management accounts to review level
- Assisting with Monthly Management Accounts preparation
- Preparing monthly reporting packs and KPIs
- Weekly Cash Flow reporting
- Territory Sales Analysis
- Customer Rebate calculation & processing
- Prepayments & Accruals
- Preparation of Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to strict deadlines
- Managing branch sales and receipts
- Preparation of audit disclosure packs, assistance with year-end audit & liaison with external auditors
- Day-to-day control of group banking and liquidity transfers
- Intercompany transfers, recharges & reconciliations
- Foreign Exchange purchasing and overseas payments
- Bank Reconciliations
- VAT returns, EC Sales & Intrastat
- Fixed Asset reporting
- Ad Hoc reports
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Part Qualified (studying towards Accountancy Qualification ACA/ACCA) or qualified by experience
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Sage 200 experience would be an advantage
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet service needs
- IT literate (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage) - intermediate or advanced Excel
What you'll get in return
You will receive the opportunity to work in a growing company with significant chances to progress and develop your skills and experience. You will receive a good range of benefits including parking and company bonus scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.