Automotive Safety Components Project Engineer
Our client, a global automotive manufacturer with an iconic brand, has made available a contract post until March 2018 for an Automotive Safety Components Project Engineer to be based at their Gaydon location, offering up to £21.25 per hour (limited or umbrella company contractor basis).
Key Responsibilities of the Safety Components Project Engineer role
The Safety Components Project Engineer will be responsible for the development and integration of Safety Component Systems on new model programmes. Particularly Steering Wheels & Drivers Air bags.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Safety Components Project Engineer
- PC Literacy: Microsoft Project, Power Point, Excel, Word etc.
- Previous experience working on Automotive Safety Systems
- Knowledge of vehicle level safety requirements
- Experience of film analysis and data interpretation CAD Literacy, ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools
- Ability to generate CAD data in Catia v5 would be an advantage
- Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Working in a Product Development environment, with responsibility for component/system design, part release, testing and sign off
- May require travel to other sites during launch periods
Key Skills of the Safety Components Project Engineer
- Proven Project management delivery capability, demonstrated by recent delivery of multiple projects on time & budget
- Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering Disciplines such as, component design, functional, performance, production & manufacturing requirements
- Significant experience in the use of engineering quality tools such as, FMEA, 8D problem resolution etc.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.