Building Surveyor (Home Based Role)
Your new company
My client are one of the largest claims management and loss adjusting businesses in the UK and Ireland. They provide a comprehensive, round the clock, service to the insurance market. Their roots are in loss adjusting and they apply that expertise to a number of different areas, delivering the insurance promise in a crisis.
Your new role
You will be working within the local Surveying team and reporting direct to a Regional Surveying Manager. You will be involved in and lead numerous projects to reinstate commercial and domestic properties following damage by an insured peril. Projects typically range in value from £20k to £1m. Dependant on the size and complexity of each project you may work alone or lead a small project team. You will be involved in a wide range of surveying activities, ranging from technical reporting, defects diagnosis, preparing Schedule of Works, Contract Administration and project management. Centralised administrative support is provided from the Support Team in the Solent office. The role itself covers the West Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire areas (between Reading & Brighton). You may occasionally be asked to assist out of area dependant on business requirements. You will be required to work very closely with colleagues in the Loss Adjusting teams in Redhill and Solent to build relationships.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have/will be:
- Preferably MRICS Chartered Building Surveyor or nearly qualified (MCIOB will also be considered)
- As a minimum actively working towards MRICS status
- A building related Degree with 3-4 years experience post degree
- Extensive knowledge of building construction and relevant legislation
- Able to plan projects to ensure robust control of time and cost - project management experience is therefore desirable
- Experience in schedule preparation and contract administration of building projects
- Highly responsible and decisive but also a team player
- Able to proactively manage your own caseload
- I.T. literate, particularly with MS word, Excel, iPad
- Able to appreciate the importance of delivering outstanding customer service
- Full UK driving licence essential
The ability to arrive on site immediately following a significant building loss and quickly earn the confidence and trust of the insurance policy holder is essential to the success of this role. Composure under pressure, excellent communications skills and empathy are therefore key attributes. Insurance knowledge is desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
A hugely competitive salary awaits, bonus scheme, company pension, company car, phone, ipad, laptop and healthcare are all part of this exceptional package. 22 days holiday rising to 25 are available and the obvious advantages of working from home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.