Senior Quantity Surveyor
Fast growing top 10 UK housing and construction company are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. The company have built or improved over one million homes, schools and Extra Care homes for housing associations and councils, across the UK
The main purpose of the role is to be a key member of the Regional Commercial Team in delivering
profitability for the region through sub-contractor selection and procurement, cost planning and
control and general commercial input and acumen.
To take responsibility, control and accountability of all aspects of the commercial, financial and
contractual elements of designated projects to protect the company's legal and contractual
obligations and maximise profit whilst understanding, implementing and adhering to the company
SHEQ policy/strategy and;
* Identify new Trade Contractor Partners.
* Improve relationships with existing Trade Contractors, resolve issues that may arise and
* Feasibility costing
* Manage procurement to programme and budget
* Manage applications for payments for sub-contractors and client
* Monitor, control and accurately report on project costs.
* Develop the business into a partnering organization and promote to clients.
* Ensure all business development opportunities are reported and acted upon.
* Ideally you will have experience in New Build and Refurbishment projects.
* Experience in Traditional and Design and Build projects
* Post graduate experience within a surveying position reporting to a commercial manager
* Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation.
* Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
* Team commitment.
In return you will receive:
* A very Competitive salary
* Bonus Scheme
* Special offers for staff - My client run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for their employees
including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
* Recognition - Reward scheme for people who go the extra mile for the company.
* Development - my client offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.