Quantity Surveyor required to lead Ipswich based social housing maintenance schemes.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job Location: Ipswich
Job Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + package
My client are a the contracting division of the Local Authority, responsible for the upkeep, planned and reactive maintenance of council owned housing stock on both an occupied and void basis.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to the team to support the financial management of their projects, offering an excellent work / life balance and a local portfolio of works.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience is essential, particularly within social housing or local authority desirable.
- A relevant qualification route achieved, with Degree or HNC qualifications desirable.
- Ability to prioritise, manage and organise workload, maintaining a full awareness of demands on different projects and meeting deadlines where applicable.
- A keen eye for detail and a natural flair for cost control.
- Ability to undertake all other ad-hoc duties as required, supporting senior management.
- Ability to negotiate and liaise across a range of external consultants and subcontractors, colleagues and senior management.
On offer is a package with excellent all-around benefits and an established, local work based.
What you need to do now ...
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.