Are you looking to use your contractor or limited company accountancy experience to work for a progressive contractor Accountancy practice in the heart of London with an excellent salary?
A first-class highly respected and progressive FCSA accredited Accountancy practice in central London are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant.
They offer an industry training programme, clear career progression and an excellent remuneration package as well as a supportive, open and stimulating workplace.
They are currently looking to recruit a bright and ambitious team member to their accounting team within their dynamic and fast-growing practice.
Experience of or a passion to work in the sector of contractor accountancy is essential.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for a large portfolio of clients working as an individual and part of a team. Your main function will include:
- Preparing annual accounts
- Preparing Corporation Tax computations
- Dealing with accounts queries
- Interpreting accounts to clients if figures need explanation
- Processing final accounts
- Submitting annual accounts & CT600s to HMRC via iXBRL
- Contacting HMRC if a problem arises whilst reconciling VAT, PAYE/NICs etc.
- Personal Tax computations and support to clients
- Preparing personal self-assessment tax returns
- Dealing with tax queries and providing tax advice
- Hold an accounting or tax qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CTA)
- Full membership to an accountancy or tax professional body
- Excellent academic record with at least five GCSEs or equivalent, including A-B grades in Mathematics and English
- General computer and software skills and good use of Microsoft packages (in particular Excel) is essential
- Knowledge of cloud based accountancy and/or payroll software is essential
Skills and experience:
- Proven practice and industry experience essential
- Proven team leader and practice management experience highly preferable
- Accountancy, tax and payroll experience is essential
- Excellent level of literacy, numeracy, communication skills, analytical skills, telephone manner and commercial judgement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Friendly and outgoing personality with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Hard working, diligent, consciousness and responsible
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks to a high level of detail in a faced-paced environment
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Ensuring that clients are contacted on a regular basis to keep them updated with progress on their affairs
- Reviewing clients' files to ensure compliance with deadlines and regulations
- Preparing references for clients
- Support, supervision and training of the other members of the team, including accountants and operations
- Support to the Operations Director
- On boarding of new clients
- Incorporating companies
- Registering companies for VAT and PAYE and Corporation Tax
- Liaising with clients via telephone, e-mail and post
- Processing PAYE and VAT returns
- Processing of client payroll
- Bank and other reconciliations
- Adhering to all filing deadlines - which includes chasing clients for missing information
- Filing Confirmation Statements and assisting with end of year returns
- Meeting deadlines, such as the clearing of e-mails and post daily
- Client management including filing and general administration of client companies
- Communicating with HMRC on behalf of the client
- Creating and maintaining client files on internal databases and management of CRM
- Internal reports to Operations Director
If this sounds in line with your career aspirations, please get in touch straight away.