Facilities Project Manager
My client is looking for a Project Manager on a 6 month contract. The Project Manager will be supervising projects as advised by the Director of Facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In conjunction with the Director of Facilities, to manage projects as allocated and to monitor progress.
2. To ensure that projects are managed with consideration to sustainability, enhancement and environment awareness.
3. Monitor, identify and manage risks as appropriate and carry out appropriate risk assessments and compliance to CDM requirements.
4. Prepare, control and monitor project cost against budget and associated financial activities.
5. Responsible for maintenance projects as required.
6. Ensure works are completed to the standard required by the University and that specifications are clear and constant monitoring is completed.
7. Able to write detailed specifications for projects and prepare and complete tenders and quotations as required in relation to specific projects.
8. Able to manage contractors and resolve conflict if required.
9. Operate Auto Cad systems and update drawings as required.
10. Ensure adherence to Health and Safety requirements at a local level and compliance to the Health and Safety at Work Act is maintained.
11. Attend and contribute to Sustainability Working Group meetings as deemed appropriate by the Director of Facilities and communicate and liaise with colleagues across the campus to promote sustainability and enhancement strategies.
12. Produce reports highlighting areas where the University can reduce its energy impact, including risks and financial analysis.
13. Contribute to planning and building applications as necessary.
14. Maintain safety files and documents.
15. Preparation of minor works contracts.
16. Carry out environmental risk assessments.
17. Cover other roles in the absence of position holder as required.
18. Flexible with regard to working hours with the requirement to work evenings, weekends and Bank holidays on occasion. Be on call to respond to emergencies and other essential duties on a rota basis.
19. Attend meetings, both on and off campus, some involving travel and overnight stays.
20. Any other duties as deemed appropriate to the role.
If interested, please send your CV or call Tom on 0161 238 8800.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.