A great opportunity to join this global organisation on a 1 year FTC.
My client is a large business with a fantastic reputation seeking to add an accounts assistant to their busy finance team.
The core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Record invoices and credit memos in accounting system
- Identify billings that require follow-up action or inquiry
- Maintain up-to-date billing system and invoice files
- Follows established procedures for processing receipts, cash, etc.
- Record Supplier invoices in accounting system and secures required payment approval for company disbursements
- Perform account reconciliations and processes transactions in multiple currencies
- Maintains supplier files and resolves supplier invoice discrepancies
- Communicate with Suppliers and responds to inquiries in a timely manner
- Sets up payment runs for UK and overseas suppliers
- Maintain VAT data on accounts system
- Assist in month end close process
- Provide reports for external auditors
- Develop Sarbanes-Oxley documentation
- Manage petty cash account
- Reconcile intercompany balances for receivables/payables
- Administer expenses system to process employee expenses
The successful candidate will:
- Ability to multi-task and exercise discretion while handling sensitive information
- Strong skill set in MS Office products including Excel and Word
- Capacity to act as a self-starter and as a team player with strong follow-up skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, etc.
- Proficiency in performing research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A competitive salary package