Head of IT Service Operations
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
Highways England is currently recruiting for a Head of Service Operations to define plan, lead and deliver the IT operations support and strategy across the business.
Day to day
- As a part of the IT leadership team you will contribute to the overall leadership and management of the IT function, taking responsibility as required for wider organisational, delivery and people issues, stands in for the Director of Service Operations as required.
- Provides leadership and guidance to develop, monitor and improve services
- Deliver operational excellence in IT service operations and play a significant role in the long-term planning for the organization as a whole.
- Lead senior level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that the infrastructure is managed to provide agreed levels of service and data integrity.
- Manage the overall the performance of Service Management and Operational teams against targets, service ownership, risk management is transparent to the broader organization at all times, supporting technical teams with process review and improvement.
- Lead the coherent integration of services to enable seamless support into the existing Highways England IT portfolio.
- Develop, support and promote a strong results-driven and customer-focused performance culture ensuring the provision of cost-effective, efficient, high quality services in line with identified needs. Take full responsibility for performance management across service management teams.
- Establish and manage plans for resources needed for the development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services and products.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Qualified.
- Experience in managing effective IT services in an outsourced environment.
- Experience leading a service delivery function at a major organization or programme.
- Degree qualification desired, preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematic (STEM) subject or equivalent experience.
- Supply Chain management experience.
We look forward to hearing from you. So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the role, and Highways England, requirements.
And to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible. We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong.
Help keep England moving.