Active Outdoors Assistant
Can you deliver great active experiences in the outdoors? Do you love engaging with people and delivering excellent customer service? If so this role could be for you.
This role is required to work with vulnerable groups including children and any offer of employment or volunteering is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
What it's like to work here
One of the last surviving country estates in London, Osterley Park and House is a vibrant attraction. The high turnaround of visitors means work is fast-paced, with the team always looking for creative ways to attract greater visitor numbers. Outdoor activities are a key focus, and the estate is part of the National Trust’s Cycle Trail project. Osterley Park enjoys a fantastic location just 20 minutes outside of London, so you can travel here by car or public transport.
Osterley Park and House also has a garden for all seasons - the gardens are divided into three areas to ensure interest all year round and perfect if you're looking for some garden inspiration! The urban eighteenth-century formal gardens were restored by the National Trust to their original grandeur.
What you'll be doing
As an Active Outdoors Assistant you'll have a passion for delivering great active experiences in the outdoors. You'll be instrumental in supporting the outdoor activity offer at your property, helping as many people as possible engage with the outdoors and enjoy our beautiful places. Combining your excellent customer service skills with knowledge and ability to instruct others in safe activity, you'll help our visitors access our Active Outdoors offers as well as ensuring that equipment is maintained and stored appropriately. There will be a variety of duties which range from welcoming and engaging with visitors, providing great information about the property and the activities on offer, setting up of equipment, measuring participation and generally supporting the property to enable its Active Outdoors offer to be the best visitor experience it can be.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you'll need to have;
- Experience of working in an outdoor setting delivering active experiences to visitors / general public.
- A recognised qualification in Sports Development or related subject.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of different access requirements and how to assist visitors and general public
- Experience of working with third party outdoor activity providers
Please note that the salary advertised is inclusive of an additional Outer London Weighting allowance of £1.38 per hour.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking