Role: Site Accountant
Salary: £30k - £35k + Excellent Benefits
Location: Shawbury, Shropshire
Specialist company working with the MOD is seeking a Site Accountant for their team in Shawbury, Shropshire.
The role of Site Accountant reports to the Financial Controller and will involve assisting the FC to achieve the objectives by:
Providing accurate variance analysis to track sales and profitability of the contracts and departmental budges, explaining the variances.
- Cost Analysis.
- Financial reports for customers.
- Order book management.
- Billing and cash management.
- Analysis of labour rates and productivity rates.
- Support to the Risk Manager.
- Reviewing expense claims.
- Assisting with the preparation of the company business plan and forecasts.
- Provide an internal audit function to ensure financial controls are adhered to.
- Producing KPI’s.
The ideal candidate for the role of Site Accountant will hold a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent. Knowledge of MoD contracts would be useful, along with similar experience in an accounting environment.
Experience of SAP FI and CO is desirable along with advanced Excel skills using database modelling. Strong customer service skills are essential along with the ability to work autonomously, able to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with excellent communication skills.