We have a terrific opportunity for an experience Accounts Assistant to join our client on a contract basis, a recognised leader in their field! Would you like to be part of a company who value their staff and have great benefits?
The ideal Accounts Assistant will have a can do attitude, be able to multi-task and a problem solver. You will have strong MS Office skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills ... Does this sound like you?
You will be offering full support to the accounts function with accounts payable and receivable, cash book activities also supporting the general administration activates.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Record invoices and credit memos in accounting system;
- Identify billings that require follow-up action or inquiry;
- Maintain up-to-date billing system and invoice files;
- Follows established procedures for processing receipts, cash, etc.
- Record supplier invoices in accounting system and secures required payment approval for company disbursements;
- Perform account reconciliations and processes transactions in multiple currencies;
- Maintains supplier files and resolves supplier invoice discrepancies;
- Communicate with Suppliers and responds to inquiries in a timely manner;
- Sets up payment runs for UK and overseas suppliers;
- Maintain VAT data on accounts system;
- Assist in month end close process;
- Provide reports for external auditors;
- Develop Sarbanes-Oxley documentation;
- Manage petty cash account;
- Reconcile inter company balances for receivables/payables;
- Administer expenses system to process employee expenses;
- Provide coverage (backup) to support other accounting duties when necessary;
- General administration duties as required;
- Other duties as assigned and including administration of site mobile phones.
This is based on a 12 month contract. Apply today for more details.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.