The Agfa Group develops, produces and distributes an extensive range of analogue and digital imaging systems as well as IT solutions for the printing industry and healthcare sector. The Company manufactures and distributes products globally and has its headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium.Agfa Leeds is a manufacturing operation that processes aluminium strip into electrochemically grained and anodised lithographic plates for the printing industry. It is part of the Graphics Division within Agfa and provides technically advanced and ecologically friendly print solutions to the commercial, newspaper and packaging sectors.An opportunity has arisen at Agfa Leeds within its Production Systems Department, a function that provides systems support to its production manufacturing operation. A newly created role, the Systems Programmer will design, develop, test, implement and maintain secure computing systems that sit within the Leeds Site’s overall management system.
With the overall aim of providing the programming expertise required to ensure the maintenance and development of new and established computing systems and applications, the main responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing robust computer programs within the management and manufacturing systems.
- Reviewing and examining established systems and programs, and consulting with users to identify improvements and enhance functionality.
- Identifying program problems, rectifying and implementing solutions.
- Providing technical support for manufacturing systems and system users.
- Writing and maintaining design / technical documentation.
- Extracting data and producing reports.
- Providing on-going guidance to system users, preparing instructional material and delivering user training.
- Learning and developing the skills/knowledge required to provide DCS (distributed control system) programming expertise to perform activities on existing manufacturing controls applications.
- Acting as key user for the Site’s ‘document management system’.
- Taking an integral role in ensuring compliance with, and monitoring of, the Site’s ISO 9001, 14001, 50001 and OHSAS 18001 certification through co-ordination and participation in auditing (internal and external).
- experience in programming code and developing bespoke applications;
- ‘VB.net’ experience to enable the re-writing and supporting of applications on MySQL server;
- knowledge of SQL; and
- Microsoft Excel VBA experience.