Mechanical Project Manager
Mechanical Project Manager
- £30,000 - £35,000 + business expensed company car
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- 39-hour week – 8am-4:30pm Mon-Thur and 3:30pm finish on Fridays
- 3% matched pension
Location: Commutable from Northamptonshire, Market Harborough, Peterborough, Oakham, Corby, Stamford, Kettering, Leicestershire or Warwickshire
My client is a leading manufacturer of mechanical engineering systems supplied to a variety of sectors including Warehousing, Distribution and Manufacturing. This fantastic business encompasses sales, design, manufacture, build, install & service and provide a first-class total turnkey solution.
The growth my client has experienced over the past 8 years is phenomenal. In 2008 this business generated a total of £1.2m annual revenues. The budget for 2016 was £6m which they obliterated and closed the year (FYE Dec 2016) 203% of budget, all of which has come from organic sales. Because of this record-breaking success, my client is looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager to join the team.
Mechanical Project Manager:
- Project Managers role, 50% office based and 50% site based.
- Organised the procurement of 3rd party equipment.
- Organise work for production, and produce works orders via the Engineering Teams.
- Follow projects through the internal manufacturing process to ensure it meets set schedules.
- Oversee the procurement of materials and to interface with Internal Engineering Teams, client and suppliers.
- Project planning, resource planning and scheduling.
- Oversee the coordination of documentation such as designs, RAMS, Health & Safety, drawings, certification, project files, CE certificates, electrical certificates and sign-off documentation.
When site based:
- Working with the Site Manager/Teams to ensure projects are installed & commissioned on time.
- To ensure technical & commercial project deliverables are met.
- Coordinate all site activities such as materials required, and to ensure they are on site ready for work to commence.
- Interface and provide regular updates to the customer.
- Manage any snagging issues, manage projects costs throughout and to outline any variations of cost.
- Commercial activities will require you to support the Commercial Sales Teams on bids, financial planning and assisting in invoicing & pricing.
The ideal Mechanical Project Manager will possess the following:
- Mechanical Project Engineer or Mechanical Project Manager
- You must have worked with mechanical products/systems with exposure to managing Subcontractors/Site Teams.
- Mechanical engineering qualification – BTEC / HNC / HND as a minimum.
- CAD skills are a massive bonus.
- Strong commercial acumen and excellent at resource planning. Strength of character.
You will be working for a financially secure & stable business which has a proven track records in success & growth. As part of a larger and global group, my client can offer a varied and exciting role with opportunities for promotion into a Senior Project Managers role.
How to Apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Joanne Wilson at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions therefore, if this role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.