Passenger Transport Technician
We are looking for a Passenger Transport Technician to join our client's busy Passenger Transport Team based in Chelmsford.
This position would suit someone with a Customer Service/Relations background who has an interest for sustainable transport.
As Passenger Transport Technician, you will assist with the development of a programme of works for capital and revenue projects for the Passenger Transport with the view of maximise funding from the Local Highways Panel, private sector and other Government funds.
You will be involved with the delivery of passenger transport improvement projects and maintenance works, including the management of the associated budget.
The key points:
- To capture data and develop, implement and manage database and information systems to analyse and report on information relating to the Passenger Transport service area
- To project manage specific infrastructure projects and maintenance works, e.g. highway improvement of the roadside bus infrastructure, from their conception through to their completion
- To ensure these schemes are procured obtaining value for money and are delivered safely ensuring schemes are delivered within budget and on time.
- To manage external sub-contractors and suppliers during the duration of the project and ensure they are working in accordance with company H&S policy and guidelines
- To communicate with Members, internal and external bodies and members of the public on passenger transport policy, strategy and implementation issues
- To assist with the maintenance and update of a bespoke Passenger Transport database that captures data relating to Passenger Transport assets
- To Provide advice and input into planning applications to ensure that those which may have an impact on the public transport network include appropriate provision for infrastructure and/or service improvement
This position calls for a strong communicator both face to face and written with good conflict resolution skills and you will be called to deal with various stakeholders as well as local residents in varying contexts. Excellent IT skills are must.
Previous Project Management experience gained in the highways sector would be very beneficial but isn't essential.
This position is a great opportunity for someone to kick-start their career in a varied and ever changing environment within a company offering plenty of growth opportunities.
Apply with your CV ASAP if you don't want to miss out! You can also give us a call in the office to discuss.