Clinical Negligence Head of Department
Our client, a small family feel firm based in Leeds is looking for a Clinical Negligence Head of Department to take lead of a small team.
You will be responsible for 2 other members of staff and developing the department further. As it stands there are over 100 cases from various sources at various stages. They range from misdiagnosis claims to incorrect surgical procedures to delay in diagnosis as well as a range of value with the claim from lower end up to multi thousand pound claims.
You will be;
- Coordinating new client calls and deciding on whether to accept the cases
- Liaising with the vetting team on the call handling of the cases
- Undertaking preliminary research and investigation into the new calls
- Arranging meetings with clients to take witness statements
- Day to day management of the clinical negligence files
- Arrange medical appointments and reports
- Litigation from start to finish of the claims
- Arranging counsel and conferences
- Liaising with the costs department to sort billing and costings.
As Clinical Negligence Head of Department, in addition to the more day to day fee earner activities ideally you will be involved in:
- Marketing for new work with the assistance of a team.
- Updating the Case Management system with the assistance of an In House case management developer
- To attend Board Meetings and be involved in management of the firm
- Supporting the team with training, development, appraisals
- Cross selling - attending networking events if necessary
This role will come with natural progression opportunities for the Clinical Negligence Head of Department with fantastic prospects for the future.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Natasha or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.