*** CONTRACT ENGINEER FOR PRECISION ENGINEERING COMPANY ***
I am currently recruiting for a Contracts Engineer for a precision engineering company, who supply into the oil & gas / petrochemical industry. They have two state of the art facilities in Northamptonshire and are currently looking for an experienced contract engineer to join their growing team. They have experienced increased profitability year on year, with some very high profile clients all around the world.
They offer a fantastic benefits package including an annual production bonus of £3300, which is paid quarterly, on top of a competitive salary.
The purpose of the role is to provide an effective and efficient technical contract review role to the production planning and customer services team.
The contracts engineer will hold responsibility for the technical review, placement and release of customer order’s received via the company ERP system or by other means, additionally ensuring the timely release of all technically clear orders to the production planning team also via the group system.
The contracts engineer will be expected to continuously improve the export sales / contract review and order handling functions through suitable development of systems and procedures. The role requires exceptional accuracy of work, customer support skills and excellent knowledge of the client’s portfolio of products.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- To support the Planning Manager / SENQ Engineer and Production Planners as required
- To pro-actively develop the export sales standard operating procedures and systems whilst supporting a culture of Customer Support Excellence (CSE)
- Processing of Export Sales orders within a small team accurately using the company ERP system
- Reviewing technical specifications / commercial terms and conditions in conjunction with quotation and correspondence to ensure orders are technically clear and compliant
- Receive / answer Export Sales order queries from customers by mail, phone, and email within departmental time requirements
- Liaising with Production Planning and Material Planning to ensure order acknowledgements are based on available capacity
- Upload technical specifications to CBM database (Order configurator)
The right candidate must be enthusiastic and passionate about their career development and progression. They must have a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work. They must have strong communicational skills to be able to communicate between different departments and senior management.
For this you will receive a starting salary of £21,500 with the additional production bonus of £3,300 which is paid quarterly, on top of their other fantastic benefits.