Are you in the early stages of your CIMA / ACCA exams and looking to work for a company who will develop and support you in a role that will fit in line with your studies? Distinct Recruitment are supporting one of our clients in Burton on Trent to recruit an ambitious Assistant Accountant in to their team on a permanent basis.
You’ll be responsible for reviewing monthly overhead spend and supporting the Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure overheads are assigned to the correct cost centres. Working as part of a large finance team, the business have a strong track record of rotating and promoting their staff internally, allowing you to gain experience and exposure post-qualification.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- £20,000 to £25,000 salary
- Full study support for CIMA / ACCA
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Assist with the production of month-end accounts (accruals, prepayments, journals)
- Check all costs are assigned to the correct cost centre
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Submission of VAT returns
- Completion of month-end file for review from Financial Controller
- Completion of tax pack
- Coordination of fixed asset register
- AAT Qualified OR Finance Graduate / CIMA / ACCA studier
- Desire to complete qualification