Automotive Senior Planning/Project Facilitator - Up to £50k
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Senior Planning Facilitator to join their team. The salary and bonus package on offer is up to £56,000, dependant on experience plus an excellent benefits package.
The Senior Planning Facilitator is a key role within the Small Engines Product team reporting into the NPI Manager. The Small Engines team has a number of interlinking new product introduction, new source introduction and cost reduction projects. The projects involve cross functional teams working in four different locations (UK, USA, China and Japan). Due to the complexity and quantity of projects underway, the Senior Planning Facilitator role is an important role within the team.
The Senior Planning Facilitator will manage the project plan, work with the individual Project Leaders to solve programme issues by Scenario Planning, identifying opportunities for improvement and working with team members to deliver a robust plan. Due to the nature of the role, it is at the heart of driving team performance therefore the successful candidate would promote a planning culture, be able to communicate project status clearly and work as an integrated member of the team.
In conjunction with the NPI Programme Manager and individual project leaders, this role is to successfully lead the facilitation of the Project Management process across large cross-functional teams.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Planning Facilitator
- Facilitation of Project Planning Workshops
- Facilitate the creation of Project Charters including scope definition and Programme Objectives
- Establish plan structures, initial Work Breakdown Structures and Network Diagrams that identify precedence relationships, durations and resources for all activities
- Creation and maintenance of a structured and fully linked Master Control Plan (MCP)
- Facilitate control session, inclusive of plan updates and maintenance
- Establish, communicate and facilitate resolution of critical path issues and conflict between team members and teamwork issues
- Execution of the Project to ensure deliverables are met to time, budgeted cost and quality requirements
- Demonstrated control by reporting metrics against time, cost and quality targets
- Presentation of Project progress at regular intervals to the Business
- Train, mentor and coach NPI teams on the utilisation of the Project Management process and culture
- Travel expectation: 10% of the time
Qualifications and Experience required for the Senior Planning Facilitator role
- A good knowledge of the principles of Project Management and an understanding of the activities that are needed to introduce a new product to market are essential to enable you to succeed in this role, accompanied with the following attributes and personal characteristics:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in a progressively responsible job or significant experience in as similar role
- Good knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft Project or other planning software
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear and concise communicator, inclusive of good listening
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Self-reliant and maintain good technical knowledge
- Demonstrate leadership in cross functional environments and ability to lead others by influencing
- Flexible work ethic, having the ability to keep a disciplined approach and perform consistently when priorities change
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.