Event Manager - Media
Our client is a leading media events business with a number of market leading finance brands. Their conferences and awards take place globally and their reputation as an innovator is second to none.
Reporting to the Head of Events, the Event Manager will be responsible for the conception to completion, planning and delivery of a variety of high profile events for a variety of our client’s Hedge Fund conferences and awards.
The event manager will have responsibility for the brands annual conferences which take place both in the UK and internationally.
This busy role would suit a well presented, articulate and confident event manager with meticulous attention to detail. Existing experience within high end events is essential along with the ability to hit the ground running in a fast paced environment.
- Complete event briefs and attend all planning meetings for the events
- Budget management
- Full responsibility for event logistics, resulting in the delivery of high quality and profitable events
- Negotiate and finalise venue contracts
- Source and liaise with suppliers
- Supplier contract management
- Liaise with speakers, sponsors and exhibitors, including collecting biographies, photos and branding materials
- Liaise with and manage all event stakeholders - internal and external
- Brief and delegate to a team of onsite events staff
- Post-event evaluation and de-brief
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Strong business event management experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to prioritise effectively and multi-task across a number of complex events
- Numerate and commercially aware
- Well-presented and articulate
- Reliable team player
- Willing to work unsocial hours as required
- Experience working internationally
- Passion for the job
- Able to outperform in a fast paced environment
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities.
We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next move.