Investment Reporting Accountant
Position - Investment Reporting Accountant
Location - Telford
Sector - Financial Services
Competitive salary, plus discretionary bonus & benefits
Client Overview - Investment Reporting Accountant
My client is a leading financial services firm specialising within in life and pensions which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Currently seeking an Investment Reporting Accountant to join the reporting function of the business based in Telford. The Investment Reporting Accountant will ensure that the Investment Reporting team produces accurate and timely information for the purposes of US GAAP & IFRS reporting, and to maintain & produce supporting documentation suitable for audit and regulatory compliance.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Accounting: Deliver accurate accounting under USGAAP & IFRS for investments in line with agreed SLAs and deadlines. Resolve any queries relating to accounting for investments including any new asset classes to be invested.
- Financial Reporting: Produce quality and timely submissions to support the delivery of USGAAP & IFRS reporting in line with accounting standards and group policy.
- Investment Reporting: Provide timely and accurate investment reporting deliverables to internal stakeholders under a right-first time framework.
- Controls: Ensure the function adheres to control standards, including RCSA and FRR documentation. Oversee implementation of effective robust controls to ensure compliance with accounting standards, group policy and regulatory requirements.
- Reconciliations: Manage team delivery of accurate and timely reconciliations to validate accounting submissions that meet internal/external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Audit: Ensure internal and external audit requirements are met in relation to investment, including delivery of accurate reconciliations, documentation, evidence and commentary.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with accounting standards, FCA/PRA regulations in relation to investments. Also meet all business requirements in relation to compliance including annual completion of mandatory CBTs.
- Good knowledge of accounting standards - UK/USGAAP and IFRS
- Detailed knowledge of investments and associated accounting treatment
- Strong level of experience in a finance environment (or relevant qualification)
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
- Experience of system interrogation
- Experience in staff management
- A qualified member of a CCAB body or equivalent qualification (or relevant experience)
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.