SEND Teaching Assistant
Are you looking to work in special need schools in Leicester? We have the right job for you!
A school catering for children from 4 - 19 years old with a range of Special Needs are current seeking Teaching Assistants for their primary phase for immediate start due to an influx of pupils.
You will be working with pupils 1:1 or in small groups with other academic support staff. Your main duty is to ensure the pupils are cared for at all times and are consistently working to positive outcomes.
Pupils will have a range of Special Needs including physical disabilities, mild to severe learning difficulties and non-commutative pupils and so you will require a caring and resilient nature with a passion for working with children. At times you may be expected to provide personal care where full support and training will be provided.
- Be passionate about working with children with Special Needs
- Have recent experience working in childcare, ideally with Early Years / Primary
- You will need up to date knowledge of safeguarding with young and vulnerable pupils
- A Level 2 childcare qualification or equivalent is also desired but not essential
- Any curriculum knowledge would be desired
You will be offered full time on-going temporary work with a competitive daily rate and the opportunity to learn from qualified and experienced staff. After a period of supply there will also be the opportunity to apply for longer term and permanent work if desired.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.