IT Support Analyst
Salary: up to £28,000 per annum
+ Excellent company benefits
Our Client is a world-renowned supplementary education provider offering maths and English study programme for children of all ages and abilities. There are currently over 70,000 students studying at 680 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
The IT Support Analyst will provide all levels of technical support to internal staff. You will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. Coverage includes Head Office as well as remote users at other sites across the country. Occasional travel will be required.
* To be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of first-line support to the organization and act as the first point of contact on the Helpdesk.
* To provide IT support & preventative maintenance for all remote sites.
* To update helpdesk tickets with progress notes, detailing progress on the task for both the end user and other team members.
* Communicate with all relevant parties affected by any task in a timely, professional manner.
* Ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems.
* Resolve complex hardware / software problems.
* Administration and support for Office 365, Exchange online.
* Provide support for MS Office 2016 and future versions.
* Perform Installations, configurations, setting up of servers, workstations and mobile devices.
* To take a pro-active approach in this job role, through monitoring the performance of systems and making regular routine inspections of installed equipment and taking corrective avoidance actions to prevent wider problems.
* Prioritise support and maintenance tasks in order to meet service level expectations.
* To provide suggestions for improvement to the IT Manager, based on user feedback and discoveries made on the ground, with a view to reducing recurring faults or improving the service provision.
* To ensure comprehensive documentation of procedures and role are maintained, and to ensure that system documentation and support process is regularly reviewed.
* To build & deploy new desktop / laptop / server / network equipment to the corporate environment, and carry out evaluations of new equipment.
* To be a team player and believe in a 'Hands-On approach’.
* To assist the IT Manager with projects.
* Any other tasks associated that are reasonably required by the IT Manager.
* Windows Server 2008/2012 R2
* ITIL V3
* Microsoft Azure administration
* Office 365 administration
* Linux Ubuntu would be an advantage
* Hands on technical experience
* Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Exchange online skills.
* Excellent Networking skills (DNS,DHCP,TCP/IP)
* Able to present a confident professional presence to users.
* An ambition to constantly learn new skills and develop knowledge, with an understanding that study time outside of working hours may be required for career development.
* The ability to work alone using own initiative and managing support calls to a high standard.
* Ability to apply ITIL processes to the provision of IT support.
* Experience of providing IT Support in a high pressure environment.
* An approach that builds professional rapport and trust with colleagues at all levels of the organisation and is able to provide training to end users on working with the provided solutions.
* Good written and spoken communication skills, able to produce instructions and procedure documents, able to communicate clearly over the telephone or face-to-face and maintain IT department’s commitment to customer excellence.
To apply for this role, please ensure you apply with a cover letter to your CV stating your skills and suitability for this role. Please note any application without a covering letter will not be reviewed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 /year
- Technical Support: 1 year