Construction Locum Solicitor
Construction Locum Solicitor - Top City Law Firm
Our client, a top city and highly regarded law firm, is currently looking to recruit a non contentious construction solicitor to assist in what is a very buoyant department at present. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for an experienced construction solicitor to work within one of the most highly regarded construction teams internationally. Further to this, this opportunity has the potential to offer travel abroad to the likes of Africa.
The role is on an on going basis but likely to last at least 3-6 months. Our client is ideally looking for someone to work 5 days per week, however they are willing to be flexible on this for the right candidate and may be able to offer an element of homeworking.
Our client is looking for someone with experience in the below areas:
- Good knowledge of drafting and negotiating construction contracts and related documents including FIDIC, NEC, JCT and MF1
- Good understanding of UK PPP project documentation and experience in dealing with post close issues up to and including claims in relation to complex PPP projects in roads, health and schools sectors. This should include an understanding of project financing, concession agreements and O&M agreements and related documentation in this sector.
- Drafting EPC and O&M contracts in relation to power projects in both traditional power (coal, gas) and renewables (wind, solar) and a good understanding of the relationship between these documents and power purchase agreements, feed in tariff arrangements and other regulatory requirements.
- Experience in drafting process plant contracts.
- Experience in drafting construction contracts in the utility and rail sectors.
- Willingness and ability to travel, in particular to Africa, as and when required (which is from time to time).
- Good knowledge of and ability to negotiate ancillary documents including parent company guarantees, performance bonds, other construction bonds, consultants appointments, FEED contracts, letters of intent, direct agreements, collateral warranties, etc.
To apply for this role or to find out about other legal jobs, please contact Charlie Cripps on the London Legal Recruitment Team on or
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.