Our client, a successful ecommerce and web development company who build and maintain their own group of ecommerce websites based in Retford, are looking to recruit a Web Developer to join their expanding team at the start of an exciting phase in the company’s development.
The web developer will have a key role within the web development team and will be encouraged to influence the direction of and take responsibility for any assigned projects.
This role would suit a recent graduate or higher education leaver looking for their first or second job in the web development and ecommerce industry. Training will be provided on methods used by the current development team to design, build, implement and maintain the portfolio of websites.
The main responsibilities include:
- Front and back end development of existing and new web development solutions
- Re-designing and ongoing maintenance of existing ecommerce websites
- Development of external customer websites - ecommerce & brochure style websites
- Being actively involved with web development team discussions & planning meetings
- Communicating with external clients via email/telephone and attending client project meetings
Technical skills required:
- HTML / HTML5 - essential
- CSS / CSS3 - essential
- LAMP stack - Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (Beneficial)
- jQuery & AJAX
- Photoshop / Illustrator
- Frameworks - Symfony
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong web development & design skills - hand coding essential
- Commercial experience gained through a previous role/contract or through their degree/studies
- A portfolio displaying their commercial or personal web development work - essential
- Knowledge of how ecommerce websites function
- Knowledge of ecommerce software preferably Opencart or similar
- Good knowledge of Wordpress or other CMS software
- Knowledge of source and version control - Git/Github
- An understanding of MVC frameworks
- An understanding of responsive design principles for mobile devices
The salary on offer is £16k - £20k + monthly bonus, pension and free parking as well as a great working environment.
Interested in finding out more? Click 'apply’ today for more information.