We are currently recruiting for an dedicated Accounts Manager with experience of Office management, to join a successful IT/Service Provider based in the Stockport Area. The successful candidate will be joining a strong team on a full time, permanent basis.
Within this role, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the Office as well as the processes and procedures of the complete accounting function. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge in a hugely successful company, working with a friendly and welcoming team with long term stability.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role will include numerous duties including:
- Managing all administrative functions relating to the efficient running of the office
- All accounts, purchasing and invoice functions relating to the efficient running of the office
- Helping to organise any company events
- Maintaining Office Services and Records
- Manage accounts (Sage) and payroll (Bureau Service)
- Production of VAT quarterly and annual returns
- Work closely with and liaise with the bank, auditors, accountants and HRMC as necessary
- Record office expenditure and manage the budget
- Maintain supplies of stationery, equipment, etc.
- Use a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases
- Dealing with HR queries
- Ensure all HR procedures and policies are adhered to
- Develop and Maintain office management and filing systems
- Dealing with customer enquiries and queries
- Working with the Service Delivery Manager to Managing the invoicing Consulting Services
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts and all liaison with company auditors for filing of accounts and submission of company tax returns
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Development and preparation of Monthly Management Reports for the company
- Preparation of monthly analysis of job costs - analysis of gross margin contract by contract, by customer.
- Management of all insurance policies
- Responsible for cash flow management in the company
- Overseeing the credit control function of the company including review of new customers and ongoing monitoring of existing customers
- Negotiating with suppliers regarding settlement discounts and rebates including provision of internal information ensuring best overall buy decision being made by those responsible for placing purchase orders
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years in a similar role, ability to work to tight deadlines, with strong multitasking skills.
This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity to develop your skills and career in a successful, growing organisation.
If you feel you have the correct attributes then please don't hesitate to get in touch by sending your CV to for immediate consideration.