Market Insights Manager
Market Insights Manager - Bristol
Salary £36,050 - £46,700 plus car
GB Marketing has been retained by a key retail bank who are looking to source a Market Researcher to joint their expanding Insights department.
Working closely with colleagues in marketing and products this role is key to ensuring our client’s products and services meet their customers' needs and retain this bank’s position as a market leader.
The role requires a commercially aware individual with experience in delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders within a business. You’ll have an in-depth knowledge of research techniques and methodologies and secondary sources of information, and the ability to ensure insight solutions are tailored and deliver real value.
The ideal candidate will cover both qualitative and quantitative, primary and secondary research projects. The individual will have a proactive self-motivated approach with a strong focus on delivering results and be eager to succeed in a strategic research / marketing role.
The team manages all aspects of design, fieldwork and reporting. Through highly specialised analysis, the team works with key business partners to identify opportunities to influence change and drive up NPS (chosen service metric).
This will be a relative small team that punches well above its weight, so there will be considerable overlap between the roles hence good team skills, working flexibly and transferable skills will be key requisites.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Customer Research & Market Insights this role will involve:
- A combination of co-ordinating the production of, and hands on implementation market & competitor insight
- Hands on management and analysis of primary and secondary research, providing highly actionable 360° customer insights that drive material improvements in business unit performance
- Proven track record of managing challenging customer relationships, building strong working relationships across a broad spectrum of the business. Ensuring the techniques and insights are understood and to explore new insights to support performance targets
- Understand the needs of the business and work closely with colleagues to ensure research activity is tailored and relevant to deliver value
- Support and influence decision making via bespoke insights, creating economies of scale & learning & ensuring expertise is fully exploited for maximum value add
- Having the ability to quickly and proactively identify key messages / opportunities from a range of data sources, impact-fully telling the story within their written communications
- Proactively identify areas where the team’s skills and knowledge can provide company with a competitive advantage
- Managing multiple priorities with excellent administrational skills and a strong focus on delivering business results
- Ensure compliance with the organisation's procedure guidelines, reporting requirements and books of instructions as well as any relevant and statutory requirements
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Hands-on experience of secondary research
- Self-starter and able to operate independently
- Knowledge of secondary sources in Financial Services such as GfK Financial Research Survey (FRS), CACI's market databases, Council Mortgage Lenders (CML), Bank of England, Office of National Statistics (ONS)
- Presentation writing skills, impact-fully painting the picture / telling the story
- Highly computer literate including analytical tools
- Proven track record in financial services research, ideally both Retail and Commercial (SME) banking
- In-depth knowledge of research techniques and methodologies (strong quant with some qual)
- Hands on knowledge of online research including tools such as ConfirmIT, Snap, etc
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.