Tax Assistant - Top 50 Firm - Norwich
AJ Chambers are currently working with a Top 50 Firm of Chartered Accountants to recruit a Tax Assistant for their Norwich office. They are looking for a bright candidate with a good academic record and some accounting experience who is keen to start a career in a tax within a professional environment.
You will join the firm’s Business and Private Department, assisting in preparing tax returns and supporting portfolio holders within the Personal Tax team.
Responsibilities will include;
- Assisting in preparation of tax returns and computations using information provided by clients, including preparation of rental income accounts and other associated tasks
- Drafting CGT computations for senior review
- Preparing other HMRC forms for senior review, including tax elections, and amending PAYE tax codes
- Liaising with HMRC and other bodies
- Maintaining understanding of tax clients
- Building awareness of the firm’s products and identifying opportunities to sell products to clients
- Involvement in marketing and business development as necessary.
- Attending training courses as necessary to develop technical and personal skills
- Good academic background
- Previous accountancy experience
- Strong IT skills, including good Excel skills
- Methodical, accurate and able to work well as a member of a team. Good prioritisation and organisational skills
- Professional and comfortable liaising with clients on a day to day basis
- Positive attitude towards training towards a career within accountancy
- Good problem solving skills
To find out more about this Tax Assistant role, please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers.