VAT Assistant - German speaking
Our client is a highly successful international indirect tax consultancy with offices worldwide. The London office, which is the European HQ, needs a VAT Assistant with fluent German language skills both oral and written.
The candidate will be joining a small but growing team of indirect tax experts, responsible for managing the VAT and GST registrations for over 100 global clients.
The role provides backup and assistance to their team of more senior VAT specialists and will comprise an array of responsibilities - both technical and administrative in nature, such as:
- Data capture - inputting information from VAT invoices into spreadsheets
- Preparation of client documents and communications
- System maintenance and updates (where client information is recorded and updated)
- Assistance with client invoicing and the credit control function
- General communication with clients regarding their accounts and information requests
- Preparing monthly EC Sales lists and Intrastat reports
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative/analytical projects as requested
There will be opportunities for technical training relating to indirect tax; and invaluable experience in client service will be gained.
The candidate will have at least 2 years' experience in an Accounts environment with some exposure to VAT.