Linsco Recruitment are currently seeking an Engineering Technician with at least five years industry experience and a minimum of NC in Structural/Civil Engineering would be an advantage. The successful candidates will have good construction knowledge and detailing skills, and be proficient in the use of AutoCAD, with experience of Revit and/or Civils 3D an advantage.
This business has been established for close to 100 years. Privately/family owned, this company has gown to a multi office and multi discipline construction business.
- Production of working drawings, reports and specifications ensuring the compliance with National/International standards, statutory requirements and the project brief. Experience of BIM Software (REVIT or similar) would be an advantage.
- In consultation with Senior Engineering staff, decide the format and scope of design data required for the project (drawings, schedules, specifications etc.).
- Interpret design output (eg calculations) from Senior Engineering staff and translate to working drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Translate standard/proprietary manufacturer's details onto working drawings.
- Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments as required for the project.
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relevant project drawings (including subcontractor design elements).
- When necessary, visit site and carry out level/measured surveys.
- Provide site technical checking and support duties such as checking of reinforcement prior to concreting.
- Opportunity to join multidisciplinary contractor design team working on a variety of building and civil engineering projects from £0.1M to £30M+
- HNC in civil Engineering preferred but not essential
- 5 years experience
Working Knowledge of Building Regulations, Structural Steel and Reinforced Concrete Detailing, General Construction and Engineering Detailing, Computer Aided Design Software (minimum AutoCAD)
Experience in REVIT would be an advantage, but not essential
Experience in Civil
In return is a competitive salary, package and vehicle along with excellent opportunities for career development and progression for the right candidate. For further details please contact Chris Rolling at Linsco 0115 9106666.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81825194