Resident Civil Engineer
Resident Civil Engineer - Freelance - Construction
Your new company
Working for one of the UK's largest housing developers who pride themselves on the quality of their builds. Their site managers consistently win NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards
Your new role
Working on a large new build residential scheme in Cambridge your main duties will include:
- Undertake the role of Site Resident Engineer reporting to the Technical Project Manager.
- Liaise with Design and Build Contractor and Management Team to assist in essential coordination and delivery of the construction programme.
- Carry out inspections to check that works are in accordance with drawings and specifications.
- Check compliance with testing, workmanship and sampling of materials in accordance with the contract.
- Prepare weekly progress reports, recording site activities, progress against programme, quality, safety and environment and mark up a drawing indicating as laid drains and built roads.
- Participate in monthly progress meetings and regular project team meetings.
- Monitor the co-ordination with utility suppliers procured by the contractor, attend progress meetings with the Design & Build Contractor.
- Liaise with the Design & Build Contractor, statutory bodies and other professionals as necessary to monitor that necessary inspections are undertaken by adopting authorities. Liaise with Technical Project Manager to ensure that the works are accepted for future adoption.
- Track and respond to Technical Queries on site (RFI's and Technical Submittals), where necessary seeking approval from the contractor and - work closely with the Design & Build Contractor to address queries efficiently.
- Provide technical advice to the contractor.
- Maintain a Risk Register advising senior management of problems or potential problems associated with any aspect of the contract.
- Liaise with the Contract Administrator in the acceptance of completed works on behalf of the contractor in phased packages for hand-over from Principal Contractor to Client.
- Liaise with the Contract Administrator, assisting with review of works progress for valuations and accounts. Report any issues on workmanship or works not in accordance with the contract to ensure the necessary retentions are withheld necessary retentions are held for unacceptable standards/quality of work.
- Comply with the project Quality Management System.
- Operate in accordance with the commercial requirements of the project (costs and programme), immediately advising Management Team of difficulties or uncertainties.
- Comply with the contractors policies and procedures including health and safety policy and the requirements of Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM).
- Collate all material and test certificates, as required, and issue these to the Contract Administrator, on a monthly basis, along with any comments on non-conformities.
- Retain copies for all air test certificates that are conducted on site relating to drainage.
- Retain copies of all Electrical test certificates for Street lighting columns or any other electrical equipment.
- Retain copies of all CBR test results and any other highway testing requirements such as Nuclear Density testing to laid macadam.
- Material test certificates.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience in a similar role
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a large scheme in Cambridge, with the potential for long term work
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81782953