We are looking for dynamic, ambitious and hard-working Menswear Garment Technologist to work a successful design led manufacturer to the high street retailers and brands.
The opportunity is to maintain and drive quality and fit across the business and work closely with their clients and world-wide supply base
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:-
- They would be responsible for fitting and sealing all garments for this customer.
- Good understanding and experience with tailoring and outerwear in menswear.
- Keeping specs and paperwork up to date.
- Oversee the garment sealing process including attending fitting sessions with buyers, noting alteration and amendment instructions, checking sketches and trimmings and ensuring finished garments meet customer requirements
- Carry out fabric testing to ensure cloth is appropriate for the garment, quality is maintained, difficulties relating to fabric requirements are avoided and the cloth conforms to customer specifications
- Dealing with factory and production queries
- Work closely with the pattern cutters to ensure customer requirements are achieved accurately
- Responsible for the fitting and sealing of garments from order stage through to Gold seal.
- Maintain up to date paperwork and schedules ensuring that the work of the department is fully documented and delivery dates are met
- Makes fit appointments with relevant customers at the beginning of every week
- Attend all relevant fit appointments
- Prepare garments for fit appointments, spec and check all to customer requirements
- Follow up and chase back comments and samples after meetings
- Understanding of seasonal trends, blocks and fabrics.
- Must be a good problem solver and communicator with colleagues, customers and factories
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and be well organised but also be a team player.
- Understands customer systems and processes from sealing to production
- Travel to factories in the Far East approximately three times a year
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/81984939