Location: South West region
Salary: £25,000.00- £35,000.00 per annum
Our client is of the UK’s leading, specialist asset maintenance contractors, with five offices in the UK. They inspect, repair, strengthen and upgrade all types of buildings and structures.
Due to the companies growth they are now looking to recruit a Contracts Engineer to add to their expanding team in the South West region including Portsmouth, Bristol up to South Wales. You would be expected to complete the below duties:
- Ensure the safety, security and management of contracts staff, subcontractors and others engaged on multiple contracts for the company
- Managing or assisting on contracts to achieve financial, safety, quality and environmental targets
- Pre- contract planning and liaison with estimators.
- Providing quality input to regional management and planning meetings.
- Compiling contract plans, safety plans, method statements, risk assessments and other instructions to contract teams.
- Delegating duties to engineering and contract staff
- Accepting, approving and issuing orders and instructions
- Maintaining a working knowledge of current contract forms, acts and legislation
- Accepting, approving and issuing contracts and sub contracts
- Ensure company Health and Safety and other SHEQ procedures are complied with Planning, programming and resourcing contracts
- Ensuring CDS database is regularly updated with contractual information.
- Liaising, negotiating and meeting with clients, consulting engineers, surveyors and subcontractors and others.
- Assisting with the preparation of quality bids, PQQs and other presentations as required.
- Providing technical, contractual and legal advice
- Upkeep and maintenance of contract files and other records.
- Completion, submission and archiving of contract records
- Procuring, ordering and approving materials, plant and subcontract purchases.
- Providing accurate information for regional monthly contract appraisals and other reports as required
- Budgeting, monitoring and control of contract finances
- Identifying, evaluating and managing claims and variations.
- Compiling applications for payment and agreeing final accounts
- Maintaining a working knowledge of employment legislation
- Carrying out and monitoring of staff performance and training reviews
- Instigating suitable training and development for both staff and operatives
- Motivating, coaching and providing guidance to staff
- Interviewing, selection, recruitment, discipline and dismissal of staff
- Communicating clearly and close liaison with regional management team
- Contributing to the formulation of company policies and procedures
- Identifying tender and other financial opportunities
- Maintaining photographic library, publicity material, contract press releases etc.
- Improving and promoting company profile and activities
- Implementation of company policies and procedures
- Ensuring professionalism and quality is maintained throughout all activities
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
If you are able to show the relevant experience obtained from a similar role then please apply!