Field Service Engineer - Medical Scientific
Field Service Engineer (CC586-RE)
Location: Covering Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle and surrounding
£28K - £38K Basic + Company Car + Lunch Allowance + Pension + Health Insurance + Life Insurance + Dental Care + Childcare Vouchers + Laptop + Mobile + 27 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
(Salary dependent on experience)
My client is an international leader with a significant presence across a wide range of industries. Having gained extensive experience within their field, they have rapidly become one of the most recognisable brands in the world today.
Through a period of sustained organic growth, my client now wishes to recruit a competent Field Service Engineer to join their team.
You will be responsible for providing hands on expertise and technical support across my clients’ high performance product range.
This position will require the successful candidate to travel extensively throughout the territory and maintain my client’s reputation for excellent service.
Other duties will include:-
- Servicing, supporting and repairing customer systems.
- Providing site based and remote maintenance (preventative and reactive), fault finding and diagnostic and calibration support.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved by working efficiently to deliver a fast and effective resolution to issues.
- Escalating issues when needed.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise within your assigned product category.
- Installing and commissioning of new equipment on site.
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports.
Qualifications within a scientific or engineering discipline such as a degree within Chemistry, Biology or Mechanical Engineering would be highly beneficial, however my client is willing to consider candidates without any formal education provided they have existing Service Engineering experience or exposure to working in an academic or laboratory environment using a similar product range.
Any experience with time-lapsed microscopy or related techniques would be a significant advantage.
Other key requirements;
- Ability to spend nights away from home.
- A logical and methodical approach to fault finding.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- A presentable individual who takes pride in their personal appearance.
- The capacity to become an expert with my client’s product range.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise work load.
- Clear communication skills.
- All candidates must hold a full UK driving license.