Location Salford, Manchester M7
Hours - Part Time & Full Time
Salary: National Minimum Age
A Care Assistant is to undertake, under the supervision of the Clinical Lead / Nurse or the Senior Carer Assistant all duties in relation to the well-being of the Service users, by ensuring the delivery of the highest possible standards of care in a professional manner.
1. To ensure the Service users physical and emotional needs, comfort and dignity are met and maintained and provide appropriate supporting care.
2. To promote best practise within the care team in order to maintain standards of care.
3. To answer the nurse call system promptly, and provide assistance as required.
4. To provide personal care and attention to each Service user, and to follow the activities of daily living in accordance with the plan of care.
5. To assist Service users with choosing food and drink. Providing the required assistance with all dietary needs to ensure that Service users remain well-nourished and hydrated. Also to guide and assist junior staff in their practise.
6. To participate with and assist the Senior Care staff in the performance of their duties as requested.
7. To encourage and facilitate Service users to participate in leisure pursuits and maintain interests to assist in ensuring their social and emotional needs are met.
8. To report and record the well-being of Service users, and to guide junior staff in recording.
9. To assist in the assessment of potential Service users to the Home
10. To participate in assessment and evaluation of Service users care and welfare. Also to be involved in writing Care plans.
11. To work as a key worker to a group of Service users, and support the Senior Management of the Home to ensure the key worker system is functioning effectively.
12. To ensure that Service users clothing and toiletries are adequate to meet their needs and wishes. Also to assist in addressing any identified deficiencies.
13. To attend meetings as required by the Home Manager
14. To attend and record handovers providing guidance in acting upon instructions to all staff.
15. To ensure that furniture and equipment used within the home is clean and used safely, reporting any faulty equipment or appliance promptly.
16. To ensure that personal equipment of Service users is kept clean and in good condition to include items such as wheelchairs, standing frames, hearing aids and glasses.
17. To report any changes in a Service user’s physical or mental condition to the senior care assistant or nurse or clinical lead or home manager, and maintain accurate records on all forms as required.
18. To immediately report complaints, concerns or safeguarding issues to the Home Manager, and to immediately record the event.
19. To undertake cleaning duties as required including replenishing stocks of disposable items and exercising effective measures regarding cost control. Guide all staff to ensure an understanding of the need to manage and maintain budgets ensuring that all commodities are sensibly conserved by all staff agreed.
20. To keep Service users bedrooms tidy at all times, including the arrangement for storage of clothing and personal items.
21. To be aware of areas of non-compliance in practise and report these to the Clinical Lead or the Home Manager.
22. To promote the good reputation of the service and The Company. Ensuring that good relationships are developed and maintained with service users, their relatives and friends and all external professionals and outside agencies.
23. To promote and maintain good working relationships with all staff within the home, and to work to support conflict resolution, supporting a work’s atmosphere which promotes a high quality experience for service users 3
24. To be courteous and polite at all times, and to present a professional image, adopting a neat, tidy and clean appearance at all times and wear the appropriate uniform agreed by the company.
25. To answer external telephone calls professionally and relay messages efficiently.
Budgetary and Financial
26. Ensure that all commodities used around the Home are sensibly conserved.
27. Be aware of the need to manage and maintain budgets agreed by the Home Manager or The Company.
28. Human Resources
29. To assist in the identification of training needs or development requirements for the staff team. 30. To assist in mentoring or inducting/training of junior staff as directed.
32. To participate in marketing activities as requested.
33. To ensure a viewing room is suitable presented and odour free at all times (unless the home is full)
34. To ensure the home is attractively presented, odour free at all times.
Training and Development
35. To actively participate in the process of supervision, seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth.
36. To undertake induction training and participate in training programmes which may be required to meet legislative or company requirements.
Health and Safety
37. To uphold the homes security and safety precautions at all times.
38. To comply with regulations in respect of Health and Safety at work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Health and Social Care act, Fire Procedures and any other relevant legislation. Reporting promptly any risks identified.
39. To remain awake during working hours
40. To maintain confidentiality at all times
41. To check off duty and record the actual hours worked
42. To cover colleagues duties in times of sickness and holidays as required
43. To be familiar with and abide by the companies policies and procedures, working practises and to report any non-conformance promptly in an appropriate manner.
44. To be familiar with and comply with terms and conditions, and employee handbook.
45. To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested in order to maintain the smooth running of the home, to promote and maintain the health and welfare of service users
46. The job description indicates only the main duties of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.Company DescriptionOur Employees are the forefront of our Business! We are only good as the candidates we source.