My client delivers a number of Business Consulting, Information Management Services and Systems Integration & Development projects to a variety of customers across the Defence, Energy and Commercial industry sectors.
As a Business & Systems Analyst you will support the wider business by eliciting and defining customer requirements, restrictions and evaluating technical and non-technical solutions. You will be responsible for leading projects through the full system development lifecycle working with project managers, software developers and account managers to ensure successful deliverables. You will drive continuous improvement programmes by analysing findings and using information / data modelling methods. Producing documentation to support analysis, modelling, system design and integration will also be a key part of the role.
We are keen to speak to candidates who have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience of the full system development lifecycle - waterfall, agile, RAD/JAD, Spiral etc.
- SQL Querying (of MS SQL Databases)
- An understanding of application architecture - concepts of re-use, separation of layers (UI, logic, data access), conversational vs stateless
- Experience of data analysis and modelling and physical database design
- Experience of system failure analysis and problem solving
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a strong technical background
- If you have experience working in the Defence Sector and within a commercial environment or knowledge of business process management software this would also be desirable
We are advertising this opportunity in line with the Race Relations Act Section 41 exemption. Applicants would be required to meet special nationality rules and therefore this vacancy is open solely to British Citizens.