Semi Senior Accountant
We are looking for an immediate start for a Semi Senior to join a growing accountancy firm based in Romford.
Your duties will include managing a portfolio of wide ranging clients from Sole traders to Limited companies.
With specific responsibilities involving:
- Preparing year-end accounts and financial statements
- Personal and corporate tax return preparation
- Client bookkeeping and management accounts
- VAT returns and Payroll Processing, i.e. RTI Submissions
- Manage junior members of the team
- Take new and existing Clients Appointments
- Managing some non-financial roles or responsibilities encompassing Data Protection and Health & Safety, as appropriate
- Day to day Practice Management duties
The candidate should have the following skills:
- Accountancy and Practice Software skills preferably IRIS & SAGE 50
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Customer Services and Compliance Skills
- You are required to provide and deliver high-quality tax, accountancy & VAT services with the personal touch that our small business clients demand and working closely with the existing team including the Director and taking a leading role in the preparation of final work and liaising with clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a practice environment and have strong IT skills.
Experience of Sage 50, Iris, Moneysoft, and Bright Pay payroll packages would be an advantage.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals. Only candidates with the above requirements will be considered.
Consideration will also be given to part time applicants. (MIN 3 DAYS)