In-house Conveyancer / Paralegal, Based Hemel Hempstead, Salary Negotiable dependant on experience, Full time or Part time
Full-or Part-time Paralegal Conveyancer required by established Hertfordshire-based residential property Management Company.
The company takes on the property management of blocks and estates of residential property. This work is agreed by way of management agreement with the company’s clients – usually large developers. As part of the residential management, the company will often be expected to enter into leases or accept transfer of the leasehold or freehold of common areas of the estates they are to manage.
The job will be negotiating the terms of the company’s management agreements and all the conveyancing involved in any accompanying management leases, and freehold transfers.
The successful In-house Conveyancer / Paralegal must be:-
- Familiar with basic contract negotiation.
- Experienced at handling your own cases from instructions to post completion, deducing title, preliminary enquiries, exchanging contract and managing post-completion matters with minimum supervision. A familiarity with Land Registry and Inland Revenue online filing requirements is also required.
- Commercially aware, and able to negotiate terms of management agreements and clauses in leases and transfers to which the company is a party. Also required is an ability to liaise with developers or their solicitors with a view to finding satisfactory legal solutions to practical site-related matters whilst maintaining good working relations. Above all the ability to assess the risk of a transaction and using skills and experience to deliver sound commercial advice and service.
- Interested and enthusiastic about imparting and sharing knowledge with other team members.
In-house Conveyancer / Paralegal core skills required:
- A practical and confident approach to the Conveyancing Solicitor work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently, manage projects/multi task and effectively manage own time
- Ability to deal with a wide cross section of people at all levels and to work effectively with others
- Excellent organisational, administrative and IT skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a timely and effective manner
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for then please apply attaching your CV.