Accounts Assistant - Tech / Telecoms - £28k
We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join one of Europe’s leading Telecommunication agencies. Due to an exciting period of growth and internal change, they, currently have an opening for an Accounts Assistant to join their successful finance team, initially managing the Accounts Payable function for the organisation.
This role would be greatly suited to a recent finance/ accounting graduate who is looking to springboard their career within a supportive and fun company. This role will eventually have scope to take on ownership of revenue reporting, intercompany communications, accruals and prepayments alongside the opportunity to study.
- Payment processing (payment batches / payment processing / posting to Great Plains)
- Intercompany traffic invoice processing
- Updating system exchange rates
- Daily cash positioning in Excel and Great Plains
- Monthly Balance Sheet recs including:
o Bank recs / cash recs
o Fixed Assets
o Ledger revaluation
o Creditor / debtor recs
o Accruals & prepayments
- VAT and EC Sales List
- Credit card statement processing
- Daily revenue/ margin reporting
- Weekly sales performance reporting
- Assistance in Audit and Corp tax data gathering
- General ad-hoc duties
Ideally you will have 1 to 2 years’ previous experience in an Account Payable role along with previous experience of Great Plains software and a good working knowledge of excel
Skills and Experience:
- Previous accounting experience ideally gained within a similar organisation;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel (Pivot Tables, formulas, data linking etc);
- Previous experience of Great Plains would be highly beneficial;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, influence your peers and manage strong personalities;
- Good team player with the ability to multi-task;
- Extremely passionate with infectious enthusiasm;
- Ability to work under pressure with strong attention to detail;
- Strong commercial acumen.
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.