Assistant Manager - Learning Disability
Job Title: Assistant Service Manager (Community Services)
Reports to: Manager or Delegated Assistant CEO
Hours: 37.5 hours per week on a shift system, which includes; weekends, bank holidays, evenings, night shifts and 'sleeping-in’ duties (with an additional night/'sleeping-in’ allowance payment).
Participate in the Duty Manager 'on call’ system (with an additional payment attached to this activity).
Job Benefits: Up to 28 days holiday per year pro rata inclusive of bank holidays
Healthcare benefits are provided by the company Simply health after one year qualifying service.
Location: Sale, Trafford
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Manager to join a reputable charity. The successful applicant will assist the Service Manager in Community Services to delivering a high quality service to the people we support in Lifeskills, in their own homes and at off site venues and sessions. The successful candidate will have a shared responsibility for ensuring the service continually meets organisational requirements and those set out by CQC & OFSTED.
The ideal candidate will have a 'can do’ attitude and a positive forward thinking approach. They will be well presented, yet able to jump in the numbers if needed! An organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritise their workload, meet tight deadlines and manage their time effectively. They will have the experience of managing teams of people and resources and possess the necessary skills to designate work tasks effectively and manage individuals, tackling under performance where necessary.
Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic, motivated , have a strong work ethic, be reliable and flexible and be able to give 100% commitment to the people we support- this is a role for someone who really wants to make a difference and has the energy and determination to succeed!
Essential Criteria include
- A positive outlook with a 'can do’ attitude
- Energy, drive and commitment
- The ability to think out of the box and on your feet!
- A care and management qualification - minimum level 4/5 QCF in care or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a similar role leading teams and supporting clients may also be considered for the right candidate with a definite willingness to commence QCF training in the first 3 months.
- Good IT skills are a priority.
- Essential car driver and access to own vehicle (role involves multi-site working) and must be willing to undertake training to drive The client vehicles (minibuses and small vans)
Desirable Criteria include
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities
The role involves shift work which can cover any part of the 24hour period including night shift across the services and any part of the week including weekends/bhols etc
Although it is a management position, working directly alongside teams will include direct care & support of Service Users, leading by example and having a thorough understanding of all client needs in order to be able to fully assist and support staff.
Experience of assessing and organising community care packages is an advantage. The client is committed to person centred care and strives to ensure all individuals reach their full potential.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 /year
- Assistant Manager: 1 year